MACStats presents data and information on Medicaid and CHIP that can be difficult to find or require looking across multiple data sources. MACStats is updated online as new data become available, and published in print as a data book at the end of the year. The tables and figures found here thus represent MACPAC’s most up-to-date statistics on Medicaid and CHIP enrollment and spending and document key aspects of both programs including federal matching rates, eligibility levels, and access to care measures, among others.
You can access current MACStats exhibits in multiple ways:
- Download the complete formatted December 2018 edition of the MACStats: Medicaid and CHIP Data Book
- Download specific tables and figures as either .pdf or Excel files by going to full table of contents
- Download specific tables and figures organized by topic below
- Overview–Key Statistics (exhibits 1-6)
- Trends (exhibits 7-13)
- Program Enrollment and Spending: Medicaid Overall (exhibits 14-16)
- Program Enrollment and Spending: Medicaid Benefits (exhibits 17-28)
- Program Enrollment and Spending: Medicaid Managed Care (exhibits 29-30)
- Program Enrollment and Spending: Medicaid Program Administration (exhibit 31)
- Program Enrollment and Spending: CHIP (exhibits 32-34)
- Medicaid and CHIP Eligibility (exhibits 35-38)
- Beneficiary Health, Service Use, and Access to Care (exhibits 39-46)
- Technical Guide to MACStats (exhibits 47-48)
For further information on data methods and sources, consult the Technical Guide to MACStats.
If you are looking for data from prior versions of MACStats, visit the MACStats archive page.
Tags: benefits, children, dually eligible beneficiaries, elderly, people with disabilities, spending