There’s an array of new issue briefs, fact sheets, and MACStats on the MACPAC website, including fact sheets on newly approved state Medicaid expansion waivers, an issue brief on Medicaid’s important role in emergency response, and the program’s role in delivery system transformation. See below for our newest products and keep watching MACPAC’s website and Twitter feed to stay informed . . .
- Arkansas, Kentucky, and Indiana Medicaid expansion waivers. Fact sheets updated in March and April summarize features of the expansion waivers, including those with work requirements recently approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. An overview of all eight state Medicaid expansion waivers is available here.
- Medicaid’s role in disasters and public health emergencies. Medicaid plays an important role in assisting states and localities in responding to public health emergencies. This March issue brief describes the statutory authorities for emergency declarations and the Medicaid authorities available to respond to natural disasters, epidemics, environmental contamination, and other emergencies.
- System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) programs. A new issue brief and contractor report posted in March include findings from a MACPAC-National Academy for State Health Policy study examining the evolution of DSRIP, its alignment with other initiatives, its financing and sustainability, and Medicaid’s role in delivery system transformation.
- Medicaid in schools. This March issue brief describes Medicaid coverage of health and related school-based services, and how states finance these payments.
- Money Follows the Person (MFP) demonstration program. The Commission issued a letter to Congress commenting on the Department of Health and Human Services’ December evaluation of MFP. It also posted a new slide brief describing how MFP works, the findings of the December evaluation, and the challenges states may face in sustaining MFP-funded services if the program is not extended.
- MACStats. You don’t have to search across multiple data sources to get the latest statistics on Medicaid and CHIP. MACStats presents these data in one place, and you don’t have to wait until the end of the year for the complete data book since MACStats are updated online as new data become available. Tables updated in March include:
- National Health Expenditures by Type and Payer, 2016
- Major Health Programs and Other Components of the Federal Budget as a Share of Federal Outlays, FYs 1965–2017
- Medicaid as a Share of State Budgets Including and Excluding Federal Funds by State, SFY 2016
- Federal Medical Assistance Percentages (FMAPs) and Enhanced FMAPs (E-FMAPs) by State, FYs 2015–2019
- Historical and Projected National Health Expenditures by Payer for Selected Years, CYs 1970–2026
- Medicaid as a Share of State Budgets Including and Excluding Federal Funds, SFYs 1990–2016
- Income as a Percentage of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) for Various Family Sizes, 2018