Meeting Date: March 24, 2015
Meeting Location: Washington, DC
Meeting Agenda: March-2015-MACPAC-Meeting-Agenda1 (pdf)
The March 2015 meeting opened with discussions of payment models that emphasize value rather than volume of services, presenting findings from MACPAC’s site visits and interviews with states implementing Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) programs followed by an update on various state approaches to value-based purchasing.
Later, the Commission considered the evidence on Medicaid beneficiaries’ access to specialty care, and reviewed proposed chapters for the June 2015 report to Congress, including the intersection of Medicaid and child welfare, coverage of adult dental benefits in Medicaid, need for and use of behavioral health services in Medicaid, and Medicaid beneficiaries’ use of psychotropic medications.
In the final sessions of the March meeting, staff briefed the Commission on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ recent report to Congress on Improving the Identification of Health Care Disparities in Medicaid and CHIP, and Commissioners discussed findings on the Medicaid expansion population drawn from the Health Reform Monitoring Survey.
MACPAC’s subsequent comment letter on the HHS report can be found here.
- Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Programs
- Paying for Value in Medicaid
- Access to Specialty Care
- The Intersection of Medicaid and Child Welfare
- Coverage of Medicaid Dental Benefits for Adults
- Behavioral Health in Medicaid Program–People, Use and Expenditures
- Use of Psychotropic Medications by Medicaid Beneficiaries
- Review of HHS Report on Improving the Identification of Health Care Disparities in Medicaid and CHIP
- New Findings from the Health Reform Monitoring Survey